Small may be beautiful but its no good when you cannot be seen
Re-address the balance when you need to warn other road users of you presence with air horns
Get horny and put a set of E approved (means a police man, MOT Examiner, European politician etc. cannot say say they are illegal*). so fit them now and feel the noise.
Air Horns come in two different colours Red (plastic horns nice and light) or Silver (metal chromy finish), both versions come with 2 horns, air compressor, relay (not Twin injection minis already fitted), connectors, piping.
fit mounting brackets
Pricing: (in UK sterling)
Fitting Instructions for TPi Twin Air Horn Kit
This kit is designed for Twin Point Injection Minis (97-00). The relay fitted to your mini is capable of controlling this air horn kit (Relay is situated behind dashboard). The air horns are E approved therefore complies with MOT regulations.
Kit consists of:
1 Air compressor with
1. Open bonnet and locate horn situated on RHD inner wing. Disconnect multiplug from horn. Remove 2 bolts securing horn mounting bracket to body. Remove horn from car. Remove nut and washer securing horn to mounting bracket.
2. Fit nut and washer to horn and throw horn in bin.
3. Fit bolt to air
compressor, and then fit air compressor to mounting bracket. Fit nut with
built-in washer to secure air compressor to bracket and tighten to 10
4. Remove front number
plate. Paint Sandwich plates. Slide one Sandwich plate through gap on
number plate mounting bracket laying it flat. Insert one Stainless steel
bolt and washer in RHD hole. Offer up the other Sandwich plate and finger
tight a washer and Stainless steel nut to bolt. Repeat the process for
5. Fit small air pipes to Air horns. Fit bolt to Short air horn and insert bolt into sandwich plate. Fit nut and tighten. Repeat this process for the Long air horn. Ensuring the air horns are mounted the correct way round to be obscured by the front number plate.
6. Fit 'T' piece to ends of air pipes. Adjust sandwich plates and tighten nuts. Ensure no obstruction is caused to Alternator belt.
7. Refit front number plate. Depress one of switches on Steering wheel to activate air horns.
Check air pipes have not been trapped or removed. Have the crimp connectors on the air compressor been reversed (causing sucking). Check for debris in air horns.
Air horns do not work
Check all connections,
fuse and relay.
Website designed and created by TBH